Best Doughnut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite doughnut?

• Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

• Dunkin' Donuts

• Daylight Donuts

• Local doughnut shop

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Favorite dounut was one I used to eat as a kid, but haven't seen in 35+ years.

They were sold at grocery stores in a box of 6 and were as big as a saucer. They were moist chocolate cake donuts with light clear frosting applied to one side.

Don't remember the manufacturer, but I haven't seen them for sale since the 80's

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two Donut places near my house; it's 8:20 AM, Sunday morning...I'll be back soon to report my findings.

I was wrong! The one place closed down so I went to Daylight Donuts. I ate 3 glazed and 3 chocolate. Went back this morning and got another half dozen of the glazed ones. Man; warm those things up in the toaster with a pat of butter and a cuppa coffee...tough to beat!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like a warm doughnut with some good glazed icing. That kind can't be beat! The cold ones int he stores on the rack don't measure up to a fresh one.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a constant traveler all over Ive been to all of them on the list and like most of all of em, even those mentioned in other posts- QTs are pretty good, but the best to me come from the lil mom and pop places. I have one near every place I live it seems and they always have some great stuff.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like finding the local doughnut shops that make good ones, and is my preference. Dunkin' and Daylight seem to have less quality than they used to, and their employees seem to be vastly overworked and underpaid (just a guess). Krispy Kreme is a unique treat when you can get a hot one right off the line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom