Best Fishing in the Northeast Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually Dad's Creek is my fave, but I've been catching them all over the lake this year.
Kaw has been at record level releases through the dam for two summers now. Two years ago, one could go down the lake and identify huge schools of stripers, hybrids and sandbass with electronics.
Those specie tend to swim down stream in current. Been on the lake twice this summer, and those schools are not to be found.
It will be years before the true bass get repopulated. Crappie and blues seem to be stable.
I'm only an hour or so from Skiatook.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kaw has been at record level releases through the dam for two summers now. Two years ago, one could go down the lake and identify huge schools of stripers, hybrids and sandbass with electronics.
Those specie tend to swim down stream in current. Been on the lake twice this summer, and those schools are not to be found.
It will be years before the true bass get repopulated. Crappie and blues seem to be stable.
I'm only an hour or so from Skiatook.
That sucks! :(

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up to 17000+ today at Oologah. That's a lot for Oologah, it's the most they have ran in a while. You could probably fish it from the parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom