Best hamburger joint Tulsa, BA, Bixby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a burger freakanatic and weirdly the place that started it for me was Lot-A-Burger, and they pretty much seem to have never changed much since I was a little kid. We would be in Tulsa or Bartlesville visiting relation in the summers since I grew up in California, and I always wanted to go there or Murphys in Bartlesville, and Lotabuger in Tulsa. Now that I live in the Tulsa area part time I still eat there alot when I'm in Tulsa but I have some other faves too: Claudes, Webers, Brownies, Bills Jumbo, Hanks, Rons, etc. A member here, BryanDP, made a tasty burger at his joint out in south Tulsa when he was open. From where I live out east of Tulsa I go to Rons in BA mostly. When I was a kid I used to go down to the original place on 15th near Harvard cause a friend of mine worked there with Ron and his daughter and I would sit at the counter and drink a rootbeer and wait for him to get off of work. That was the only location back then I think. Jack-In-The-Box or Whataburger are the places I go latenights after midnight or later. Wendys, Burger King, McDs, Sonic, etc,- none are any good at all, its just fast food. Back home in Cali theres a little DairyQueen looking joint not far from my house up on the mountain in northern California that makes some damn good old fashioned burgers and sandwiches. But when Im down in Modesto its InNOut only.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Burger house over by gilcrease on edison is good and happy burger in Sapulpa isn't bad either and they cut their fries everyday.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't like them I get it. As far as effort, sorry but you're smoking something, name one place listed here that does anything with their fries outside of pull them out of a frozen bag and throw them in a fryer. This aside from all of the aiolis they make, filet burger, peanut butter bacon burger etc.

Well, Five Guys serves fresh cut fries, for one.

For the OP: I'm a big fan of Burger Street, personally. I think they fresh cut their curly fries too, but can't confirm that. They're not a seasoned of fajita/cajun type fry. Just a spiral-cut curly fry.

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorites have changed. I'm partial to Burgers & More in Sapulpa, Arnold's at 61st and Union, and Freddie's on Lewis wins out for convenience because it's a 2 minute drive now.

Beggs drive in is the best - worth the drive. Best malts in OK.

Son's Charburger in Wagoner rules too.

Brady Tavern is good in a 'just came out of the wilderness, I want to literally eat a freshly bludgeoned cow on bread' way.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't like them I get it. As far as effort, sorry but you're smoking something, name one place listed here that does anything with their fries outside of pull them out of a frozen bag and throw them in a fryer. This aside from all of the aiolis they make, filet burger, peanut butter bacon burger etc.

Fresh cut fries at Freddies - 8th and Lewis (local owned)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Partial to smashburger myself, and Red Robin, damn.

Haven't tried all these others... I needa make some stops in Tulsa on my way through for work. I see Freddie's Steakburgers on 71st near Mingo all the time, but haven't tried it yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom