Best Handgun Magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious which handgun magazine is read the most. I am looking to subscribe soon, but have no idea what's out there.

If this is covered somewhere else, please enlighten!

Thanks

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only read the magazines with tactical operators on the cover. I'm assured stories of perfect function and MOA performance of everything that gets reviewed.

I lost my patience with gun magazines a long time ago.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, gun mags are barely decent for pictures and suck wind on everything else. The internets is your friend, friend. As biased and ill informed as some people on internet forums are, for research etc - online gun forums are head and shoulders above gun rags where the authors are always praising whatever new crap was just shat onto the market. You'll save some money as well. Join the NRA if you haven't already, get the subscription of their crappy gun mag, and then you'll have something gun-oriented to read when on the john. ;)

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think magazines in general are on their way out.

Save your money on gun magazines and buy one of the new Apple iPads. They're going to be great toilet computers!!!

Bryan

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Though costly, the best of the bunch is "Gun Tests". They buy off the shelf, they take no ad's, and call it as they see it. Lots of gun makers hate them!!!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to zip thru as many as I can when at Barnes&Nobles or while the wife is shoppin at Wallyworld so I dont have to pay for one.

American Handgunner maybe.

I know one thing. The Glock magazine I just bought was a bust. Most of the mag was devoted to hyping the new Gen 4 G22 RTF2- like about every other article.

I do buy a few tho here and there if an article or tutorial interests me and I want to keep the mag for reference. I have a stack of em of all different kinds. Not partial to any one favorite.

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good ol "Guns and Ammo" is cheep via subscription as a general read.

The NRA's "American Rifleman" is free with membership and is also a general ok read.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. There are times when the internet is not available and I like something informative to read.

I'll take a look at "Gun Tests". I haven't seen that one before.

Again, thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom