Best in the ear hearing protection from wind?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using the Walker Silencer R600's for about 2 years now. They work pretty well as long as there isn't a ton of wind or background clatter. The past weekends wind drove me nuts. I have the over the ear style and they work well, but for rifle shooting I hate them. They also hurt my ears over the course of a day, where as the in the ear style do not.

I was told to try the new 2.0's, but the reviews I am reading are pretty negative towards the wind noise.

Anyone have a better set with some experience with them?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t wear hearing pro when hunting, it drives me nut. I probably should. I think that with hearing pro your biggest problem is gonna be that they don’t make them with the fuzzy “muffs”to cut down on the wind noise. Short of gluing your own muffs over the holes for the mics, I’m thinking the behind the ear hearing aid style will be your best bet. You don’t have the hair to help, but with them being tucked up against your head and partially protected by your ear should help. Something like this:

E4599251-3AB3-42C0-9DB7-942196606E69.jpeg

I think hair is gonna be your best bet for blocking the wind. I’ll even make you a deal. If you grow a mullet, at least 8” long, I’ll buy you a set of these walker pro elite HDs, provided you keep the mullet for 6 months afterwards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom