Best Place To Get A Great Steak In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can buy a whole cow for what some of ya'll pay for a steak. It's just like a $1000 hooker it's all great but 30 minutes later you wish you had your money back

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Ranch /end thread

Get the crab cakes for an appetizer. Ribeye. Au Gratin potatoes. Mac N Cheese. After that dessert is a challenge for myself and the wife. Usually a little over $200 for 2 every time we go. You guys running up four figure tabs have to be buying for a family or a lot of drinks. It does not cost a grand to get a great steak.

This thread makes me want to cook you Texass Roadhouse, Cattlemans and Cimarron guys a good steak. I won't say that the steaks at those places aren't decent, but they aren't above average.

No kidding. TX roadhouse was good back when beef was cheap. When beef got high, you could tell they downgraded their cuts to keep it cheap. You've got to eat a prime steak cooked by experts at least once in your life. The Cattlemans hate here is a little over the top. It's no where the top but it's decent enough. Damn sure better than Cimarron or TX roadhouse.

One place that's been pretty good lately for a cheaper place is Longhorn steakhouse. $9 lobster is a pretty good complement to a filet or ribeye. The steakhouse Mac n cheese is damn good too.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im pretty young and havnt been around as much as some of you but all the cattlemans hate is blowing my mind...ive been about a dozen times and had an above average steak every single time. and +1 on the excellent house dressing.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im pretty young and havnt been around as much as some of you but all the cattlemans hate is blowing my mind...ive been about a dozen times and had an above average steak every single time. and +1 on the excellent house dressing.

Go splurge on a Ranch dinner. That way at least you can get the top end of the scale calibrated. Nothing wrong with Cattlemans, it's just not "the best you can get" that it is billed to be by some.

Edit to add: Don't bother with the Waygu cuts. It's not a whole lot different than regular old corn fed USDA prime. Certainly not enough to justify the premium IMO.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go splurge on a Ranch dinner. That way at least you can get the top end of the scale calibrated. Nothing wrong with Cattlemans, it's just not "the best you can get" that it is billed to be by some.

Agreed.... I found Cattlemen's to be a mediocre steakhouse more popular because of its nostalgic place in Oklahoma history. I can do without it, honestly.

<edit> edited to remove the apostrophe from "it's". lol

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope your not referring to the Stillwater location.

We have been there 4 times, and I chose the select your ribeye steak option. They put a little tag on it so you get the one you selected. I eat mine Medium Rare, and It better be there or the place is going to get it back for a refire.

4 times in a row, my request for a medium rare has came from the kitchen as a medium well. I tell the wait staff its not right, and ask for a new steak.
The 16 oz ribeye comes out about 1/2" thick every time from a refire well done. If it weighs more than 8 oz, I'd be surprised.
That place has no business grilling steak.

I'd love to take a portable scale in there to put a real weight on their steaks vs a real 16 oz ribeye.

Actually, I am. I've also eaten at the one by QSM in OKC. Never had a bad one........

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas Roadhouse is pretty good for the price. When I was coaching, we used to but cattlemans once a season. It was ok. Nothing impressive. Clicks in Pawnee is good. Also ate a place in Amber that was good. I think it was Eddies. Used to be a place in Shawnee called Jays classic. It was a good steak but the portions were small. Always left there hungry.

www.infinityok.net

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this thread is about where to get a great precooked steak...but,
A few mentioned making there own.
Unless you raise it yourself, a great piece of meat cooked at home on pecan or hickory is hard to beat.
Wheeler's has great meat. Also Crest if you get the CAB Prime! There is not a better piece of steak available.
If you cook it wrong, it is your fault. If you cook it right, you can save a ton.
A great steak costs more than a lot of places charge for a meal. (obviously not the big boys)

Latest posts

Top Bottom