Best Subcompact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimktm520

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EZ bake is right. You have to narrow down your requirements before determining what is best. A couple of decades ago, Combat Handguns magazine did a test of "pocket pistols" that were best firing from a coat pocket. They went to a thrift shop and bought a bunch of winter coats and proceeded to test half a dozen guns. The gun that was the winner was a J frame Smith with shrouded hammer. This was the only gun that did not jam (stovepipe for the semi autos) or have any part of the mechanism (hammer snagging on coat pocket material) causing failure-to-fire. I bought the exact model that won the test and to this day, still carry it, in a coat pocket, when the temps are cold. Define the requirements first, then narrow down what fights the requirements.

joesnipes7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i really like my sr9c, and i really like my glock 23,but have been eyeing the hk p2000sk,haven't found anything that compares to my hk's yet just need a smaller one for edc

o'doyle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently sold a sub compact XD9... It shot decent with no issues however I didn't like the feel of it in my hand. For me personally I love my Glock 34, obviously it's a little large to conceal so i'm looking at the G26 or G19..

Latest posts

Top Bottom