Best Subcompact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprized you don't like the HK P2000 sc if you like the USPC. it's a bit shorter in length and height and can be had in LEM and SA/DA.

As much as I love HKs, I wasn't overly impressed with the p2000sk. According to HK's website, it is thicker, longer and taller than my USPc. That seems hard to believe but I know it is wider. Plus the one thing it was missing for me was the deckock/safety lever. I know the walther doesn't have one either and that's exactly why I don't own one.

P200SK
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/p2000sk_specs.asp

USPc
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspc_specs.asp

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Erick, it is wider because of the ambi slide release addition to the right side.
Trust me, I carried(CCW) the USPC.40 for a couple years and took one of Marshalls classes with it.
The USPC feels thicker than the P2K and P2ksc guns, but I think it is only because the P2k series guns are more rounded in the slide and grip areas. I actually got rid of the USPC last year because I like the P2k series guns better, and I loved the USPC.40!
after having a DOH!!! moment with the safety on my USPC, I won't carry(or nightstand) a gun with a safety.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Erick, it is wider because of the ambi slide release addition to the right side.
Trust me, I carried(CCW) the USPC.40 for a couple years and took one of Marshalls classes with it.
The USPC feels thicker than the P2K and P2ksc guns, but I think it is only because the P2k series guns are more rounded in the slide and grip areas. I actually got rid of the USPC last year because I like the P2k series guns better, and I loved the USPC.40!
after having a DOH!!! moment with the safety on my USPC, I won't carry(or nightstand) a gun with a safety.

Thank make sense on the ambi slide release. Thanks.

What happened with the safety lever?

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the Walther PPS in 40 cal S&W(it's also available in 9mm). I don't clean it as much as I should and it's never jammed for any reason, it's also fed many different brands and types of ammo with no problems. The Walther is a bit snappy(two hand grip is a must). If the Walther is too pricey for ya, you could look at the Taurus 709 "slim" also in 9mm or 40cal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom