Best way to ship gun parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, what is the best way to ship parts? Sending my slide and RMR off and will need $500+ insurance also. Let me know the best carrier and any secrets to keep me out of trouble.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slide of your particular pistol is not considered a firearm and the RMR is simply an optic so unless you find a non-carrier owned pack-&-ship store that has a no firearms part policy you'll be good to go.

RMR is easy to figure value but slide could be tricky depending availability, think S&W M&P 10 barrel. Make sure you can order a new slide from CZ if something were to happen to yours. You'll have to call them since it doesn't seem to be listed as an order-able part on their website. If CZ-USA says it's available, insure for cost of slide but if not, then insure for cost of new pistol.

Once you have insurance value, it's just a matter of balancing secure packing, weight, and dimension. Most likely it will fit in a USPS Priority small flat rate box ($5.95 plus whatever insurance over $50 you want) but you wouldn't be able to fit the RMR case inside it. Probably could get away with a medium flat rate box ($12-ish plus additional insurance) but for me it would come down to which carrier had the best insurance rate based on the weight and dimensions of your boxed up parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom