Big Hoopla at Nursing Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little while ago, there was some big incident at the assisted living facility at 101st and Garnett in BA, across the street from the Cedar Ridge Golf Club. There were at least half a dozen fire dept. vehicles, including a couple ladder trucks and ambulances, and several police cruisers, all with their emergency lights flashing. There were several residents being helped around outside by facility employees, and several more residents seated on chairs in the parking lot. A fire perhaps? Didn't see any smoke or any fire hoses deployed though. Haven't yet seen the incident in the news. Anyone here who's in the loop who can say?

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until 2 years ago my father was living in an assisted living facility in Altus for 8 years. They were wonderful to him and I was able to stop and see him almost every day. I always carried without worry and even stop by to say hi to the staff and managers. Quite often I get a big hug from the ladies and I carry a Colt Delta Elite 10mm full size 1911. Not one of them ever complained. However the nursing home across the alley from there has a no gun sign and I'm trying to find out if there is a law that says you can't carry there. My mother has Alzheimer's and needs full time care.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until 2 years ago my father was living in an assisted living facility in Altus for 8 years. They were wonderful to him and I was able to stop and see him almost every day. I always carried without worry and even stop by to say hi to the staff and managers. Quite often I get a big hug from the ladies and I carry a Colt Delta Elite 10mm full size 1911. Not one of them ever complained. However the nursing home across the alley from there has a no gun sign and I'm trying to find out if there is a law that says you can't carry there. My mother has Alzheimer's and needs full time care.

I can't offer any advice, but I'm really sorry to hear you mom has Alzheimer's. Its a terrible time for the patient, and the family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom