Big pocket shorts or cargo pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My go to shorts were Columbia cargo shorts, but the styles have changes and they aren't what they were. I've tried the ones at Bass Pro and they had larger pockets, but again, I think the style has changed and baggy pocketed shorts are in so they are tough to find. Goodwill can be an option sometimes for this reason.

Steve2020

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about their shorts, but I pocket carry with Dickies jeans all the time. Big pockets in their jeans and their Flex series work pants. The additional material added in the 'crotchial' region means no more split britches if you bend down to quickly and split the seam of your pants. Ask me how I know....
Hey thanks a lot I appreciate it…..I’ll check it out
I like the CQR cargo shorts from Amazon for their generous pockets. They're really comfortable and so far are durable. They're made of ripstop so fairly lightweight for summertime use. I think mine are the coyote color and the only con I would say is that water really shows up on the surface. If you go to the bathroom and get reckless washing your hands you'll come out of the bathroom looking like the lil guy got away from ya at the worst time. Lol. Luckily they dry fairly quickly and they would probably benefit from being scotchbrite coated or some other waterproofing.
thank you

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dark colors tend to conceal what's in a pocket better, but that's hard to find in cargo shorts or pants.
Now the side pockets are cargo shorts or pants are for concealed carry of snacks in non-permissive environments (like movie theaters -- "no outside food allowed" Harrumph!).

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear wrangler relaxed fit cargo pants for work, mainly because of their "tech pocket" that I keep my cell phone in. When I'm on up a pole I don't have to fight my climbing harness to get my phone out of its pocket. They also have a shorts like that is teh same. Pockets on them are a pretty good size. I can almost fit a compact pistol in them and not be noticed (tried it with my px4 .40 S&W, just a bit of the grip stuck out) so I'm confident a pocket pistol would disappear in them.

I used to be a jeans and jean shorts only guy until I found out how comfortable cargo pants/shorts were, now thats all I wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom