Bily Rays BA = BS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How could you people in Tulsa eat anything besides Smokehouse....... Thats one of the greatest BBQ restaurants in American history and they put one in tulsa. Thats the only place I eat in that city anymore when im there.

Tried them twice...very sub par. Okla Joe's Burnt Ends for the win!

Billy Ray's BA has great service inside (unlike West Tulsa) and their catfish never disappoints. Go with okra & fries and be happy.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
How could you people in Tulsa eat anything besides Smokehouse....... Thats one of the greatest BBQ restaurants in American history and they put one in tulsa. Thats the only place I eat in that city anymore when im there.

The Smokehouse that opened on 71st isn't on par with the locations in KC. I make a couple of trips to KC to eat at Jack Stacks and Smokehouse. When the smoker gets seasoned and the pit master gets more experience, Smokehouse will have little competition in this area.. Their burnt ends and ribs would run Oklahoma Joes (the one located in BA, not the original in the KC area) out of town.

The Oklahoma Joe's in BA is ok if you like smoked meat cooked hours ahead of time and stored in plastic bags. That's the thing about Burn Co and Smokehouse, the meat comes off the smoker and onto your plate. If the Oklahoma Joe's in BA could replicate the original location, it would be good. The BA location has priced themselves too high for the portions they serve.

I really hate going to a BBQ place and seeing them micro weigh every portion.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to eat at Big Daddy's during lunch one day, but walked out when I saw a gal pulling a package of BBQ outta the microwave. Billy Rays made Mama Nature angry!!! bearly made it back to the shop. Oklahoma Joes is pretty good.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like JB's BBQ in Claremore. After I got my Smoker, I got meat smoking each weekend. It may cost me more but I get a lot more food, and I have not been back to a BBQ house after I got it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom