Blood Donations Needed for 3 Week Old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is the child doing? The Blood Drive is scheduled to be in Wapanucka today. I am headed there now with the child's name and hospital. I hope that I am in time.

Edit: Update. Got there and the van isn't scheduled to be there until 4 PM. I don't give blood, but in this case I am. Is the infant still with us? I want to help.

Last edited:

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's a fighter. He's been on the ECMO machine (similar to dialysis, it filters and oxygenates his blood) so he's had to be on blood thinners, which caused a major cerebral hemorrhage on Sunday so they had to stop blood thinners and take him off the machine. Thankfully his heart has been able to keep up but his kidneys and lungs (still collapsed) are still at minimal function. For now he's off the ECMO, still on the ventilator, and will continue to be in the NICU for a while. We visited him last Friday and you can see he's a fighter.

I mentioned to the family the comments on here and the willingness of people to help their little boy who have never met him or their family before, they asked me to pass along that they are so extremely grateful for the outpouring of love they have felt.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's a fighter. He's been on the ECMO machine (similar to dialysis, it filters and oxygenates his blood) so he's had to be on blood thinners, which caused a major cerebral hemorrhage on Sunday so they had to stop blood thinners and take him off the machine. Thankfully his heart has been able to keep up but his kidneys and lungs (still collapsed) are still at minimal function. For now he's off the ECMO, still on the ventilator, and will continue to be in the NICU for a while. We visited him last Friday and you can see he's a fighter.

I mentioned to the family the comments on here and the willingness of people to help their little boy who have never met him or their family before, they asked me to pass along that they are so extremely grateful for the outpouring of love they have felt.

I appreciate the update, amcardon. My wife and I will both be giving blood this afternoon when the van gets there. We will ask that it go directly to this infant.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably just easiest to post yesterday's update from his Mother:

It's been a roller coaster these past 10 days. Dallin is a fighter for sure though! This afternoon they removed the ECMO tubes that they had left in his neck yesterday. He is now all stitched up and looking good, we can't take a picture though, since they had his head turned one way this whole time, they want his neck to stretch the other way for awhile. He also had some sores from being on one side for too long... They're not too bad, but they will use medical grade honey... Yes real honey! Who knew? But they will keep applying it everyday until they're healed! He also is continuing to get breathing treatments every 4 hours. His left lung is still collapsed so he will stay on his ventilator until his lung heals. Then we will be able to hold him!!! I can't wait! They removed him from the paralyzing drug, he will have some sedation medicine but he'll we able to wiggle a little until his breathing tube is removed. They took an ultrasound of his head/brain this morning, and we still haven't heard back from them. They say Mondays they're a little slow... But I wish they would just come and tell us the bleeding hasn't gotten worse.... He's doing great though! A MIRACLE BABY!! He was definitely being watched over from above!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I posted an update from yesterday, here's one from today:

He's doing so good!! His lung looks and sounds better. They have him being rotated from belly to back and side to side to help get his lung back up as well as to help with swelling in just one area. Right now he's a little swollen, but it's going down and he's able to open one of eyes today. He started to have a very mild seizure this morning, but they expected he would because of the bleed in his brain, but it hasn't gotten larger, so they upped his seizure drugs and are watching him closely to help insure it doesn't cause any future health problems. They are removing his catheter some point today so he is peeing great and possibly putting in a PIC line, so that they can take out the central line from his groin artery and possibly one other IV from his arm. This would make it so he could be moved out of ICU to a regular room once he is off the ventilator. Which may be at the end of this week or next week sometime! It just depends on how well his lung continues to recover. Today they will also do an EEG that tests the brain waves to check for any damage. Then tomorrow they will do en ECHO on his heart to make sure it's still functioning properly! Thank you all for being angels in his life! The prayers have been felt every minute of every day!! God is great! He knows us and our problems! We are his children! I'm thankful for Him everyday! I love Him and all of you!!

11904658_10208022119619311_873978700087833029_n.jpg

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been meaning to post an update - Dallin is doing much, much better. Best news, his Mom was able to hold him today for the first time in over 2 weeks. They removed his breathing tube this afternoon and his lungs seem to be working well. His heart and kidneys are still not 100% but he is no longer connected to any machines and his body is doing it's job.

TonyKane1 - I agree that it's hard not understanding why a loving God would allow something like this to happen, but seeing the way people have come together to show their love and support for this baby and his family has been incredible.

Dallin's mother's facebook post from this afternoon:

PURE JOY!

11954811_10208076101688829_748998450758437823_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom