Blood Donations Needed for 3 Week Old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm posting this request for a friend, and am hoping some of you can help out. Quick explanation, Dallin Spitler is a 3 week old baby who contracted an unknown virus that is attacking his heart, lungs, and other organs. He is now on the heart transplant list and has really had a rough go the past couple days (collapsed lungs, kidney failure, and heart failure among other things). He has received multiple transfusions as part of his treatment, which is why I'm posting this request. As some of you know, transfusion costs are incredibly high, especially what you pay for the blood. Anyway, the hospital will remove the charge for a unit of blood for every person who donates blood at any OBI location, regardless of blood type, and tells them that you would like your donation to go towards supporting Dallin Spitler. I will link OBI's homepage below where you can register to donate at either their mobile clinics or their standing clinics.

OBI homepage

If you can't donate blood, please offer a prayer for Dallin and his family.

11895986_996470237071562_8113641574156403111_n.jpg

Thank you!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I had known. I just donated Monday. I will call tomorrow and see if it is too late to put it in his name. Regardless, our prayers go out to all concerned.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This breaks my heart and makes me mad too. At times like this I just can't understand how God who is supposed to love us so much can let this happen to an innocent little baby. My heart is breaking for this. I can't even imagine how bad I would feel. Please let your friend know that I will be praying as much as I can and hopefully God will answer them. I can't donate blood because of a disease I have but I would if I could.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I set up my appointment for tomorrow, prayers sent as well. Is there anything other than Dalin's Name we need to give them to ensure it goes towards his medical bills?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I gave blood, I passed out, spoiling the donation...and upon seeing me, three others followed suit, spoiling theirs (apparently, the chain-reaction is common). As such, I avoid giving; I was a net loss of three pints that day.

That doesn't stop me from praying.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, your help is very much appreciated.

Streak - as far as I know you just need his name. I'm donating this afternoon so I guess I'll find out if I'm wrong!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do go donate you just need his name and to let them know that he is at OU childrens. Luckily the OBI worker already knew that part. On a good note another lady said she had seen several donations in his name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom