Bobcat? What did I see??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving few miles north of Carney on 177, wife said look out! Seen it just as it was at the edge of the pavement hit my brakes to slow down as was going 65, went from west to east right in front of us was the biggest cat we have ever seen outside a zoo! It had the body of a bobcat, tail was about 6-7 in, it was as big as a medium size dog, guess at least 30-40lbs, big enough to take a fawn maybe a small calf!
It wasnt black black, more of a charcoal color but not a normal color of a typical bobcat. No it was not a dog, 5 times bigger then any house cat we have seen, one time in my life I wished I had a dash cam to record. What the hell did we see? I called Lincoln co. Game ranger and left a message, still waiting. Looked on Google and found a pic of what they call a Blue Bobcat, it looked just like the pics we found, very rare according to the net (NET NEVER WRONG LOL)
If anybody has seen anything as such please chime in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, Welcome to OSA!

Well, a blue bobcat hasn't been seen in over a century, so that's probably not what you saw.
Bobcats can be up to 30 lbs and 50" long. More so in the Northern states vs Ok. They get bigger up there for some reason.
Not saying there couldn't be one that is a giant because of genetics that you saw. We have some 7' 6" basketball players.

Latest posts

Top Bottom