Boeing 737 NG CRASH in Iran

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert on missiles and their effects, but I watched something last night where they explained that the SAM's are designed to explode when in the proximity of its target, which sends shrapnel throughout the target. It seems to me that such an event, especially with two missiles, that the first punctured fuel tanks and the second ignited the fuel. That might explain the fiery descent, and then when the plane hit the ground and the tanks were ruptured, they would have then created the fireball on the ground.

Would I be wrong in my speculations?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert on missiles and their effects, but I watched something last night where they explained that the SAM's are designed to explode when in the proximity of its target, which sends shrapnel throughout the target. It seems to me that such an event, especially with two missiles, that the first punctured fuel tanks and the second ignited the fuel. That might explain the fiery descent, and then when the plane hit the ground and the tanks were ruptured, they would have then created the fireball on the ground.

Would I be wrong in my speculations?

Correct.... movies are not usually right in how they depict missile hits, like Top Gun and such. Missiles explode in proximity and cause loads of shrapnel puncturing all over a plane and damaging many vital systems. The spectacular massive explosions are mainly just for Hollyweird.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iran is trying to twist the fact that they shot down the plane to it being the United States fault. INCREDIBLE
Screenshot_20200110-224526_Samsung Internet.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the Iranians admitted that they shot it down in error, and verified that it was Trump's fault. Now, see, if he'd only gotten prior approval from Nancy and Chuck and their pals before he took action to blow up that General Soulman guy, he'd be in the clear. Who does he think he is? The Commander in Chief or something? Sheesh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom