bonus doe hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody make it out this weekend for the bonus doe hunt?
It totally slipped up on me. I was thinking it was next weekend and new years weekend.
I'll probably take the bow out tomorrow afternoon, but really need to get Gunner back out after some birds in the morning. All of my hunting buddies are busy, so I guess its just Gunner and I.
Good luck to all that are going out tomorrow.:D

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got 4 yesterday with the DMAP tags. 6 of us made drives all day, We only came up with 12 deer. I did my part. They are back at it this morning while im resting. Ill get my last doe next weekend.

Fourtho

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out on public land. Unfortunately, my schedule didn't allow me to scout enough. There was plenty of sign where I decided to go, but I think they were just passing through at night.

The warm weather and abundant food isn't helping :blah:

There's one more weekend - next Fri-Sat but I think most of us will have other plans.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out Friday morning and what do I see ... two bucks (six ptr and three ptr) and NO does. My hunting partner shot a doe ... good blood trail, then she blew out some chunkage of her lung while on the run and the blood trail stopped. Looked for two hours, but no recovery :(

Saw lots of ducks and geese. Had +80 ducks and three Canadas on the pond in front of me 75 yards away. Could have brought in more if we were trying. I bet another 150 ducks hit a pond about 400 yards away. BTW this was North of Perry and different place than I usually hunt. Nice place for only > 300 acres.

Dreaming Man
:osu

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I elected to sit on the pig sign and not deer and came up empty handed. Maybe next weekend and I am still bowhunting too. I want another one with the recurve.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out Saturday morning with a buddy to his deer blind. None showed up, which surprised him. The next afternoon we found out why. While me and him and a few other guys were out pheasant hunting in that pasture, we saw pickup tracks all over it, and one of the guys found a doe that had been dead a couple of days that the coyotes had just started eating on. Evidently a road hunter had shot it, and had driven all through the pasture looking for it. I work next weekend, so I guess I'll have a dry season this year. My own fault. I passed up plenty of deer, looking for Mr. big horns, and waited too late to get meat. Next year, the second day of season is meat day, then we can trophy hunt the rest of the season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out Saturday morning with a buddy to his deer blind. None showed up, which surprised him. The next afternoon we found out why. While me and him and a few other guys were out pheasant hunting in that pasture, we saw pickup tracks all over it, and one of the guys found a doe that had been dead a couple of days that the coyotes had just started eating on. Evidently a road hunter had shot it, and had driven all through the pasture looking for it. I work next weekend, so I guess I'll have a dry season this year. My own fault. I passed up plenty of deer, looking for Mr. big horns, and waited too late to get meat. Next year, the second day of season is meat day, then we can trophy hunt the rest of the season.

I bet I could give you a name or two you would recognize that probably road hunted that doe. I'm just hoping Marshal catches them...again...

Latest posts

Top Bottom