Boston Bombing. Theories?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure some will howl and scream. Useless fear mongering, etc about this post.

OK, this is total speculation on my part.

But…

With regards to the explosions in Boston.

This is what I think I know:

At least two devices.
Low yield.
Probable cell phone triggers
Ball bearings and shotgun pellets as shrapnel
Placement was low to the ground
From the photos, I’m guessing semi directional.

My thoughts:

If there was a third device, why did they detonate it? Instead of disarming it?
Seems to me that a lot more information could be found that way.

I doubt that it was international terrorism. I think it is too low tech, even for the NKs.

Probably some sort of pipe bomb rig sitting in a “puddle” of ball bearings and shotgun pellets. Sort of a poor man’s claymore.

Probably made with reloading gun powder readily available at many stores (except in Mass. where you need a Firearms Owners ID to get even reloading supplies.)

Shotgun pellets probably used for reloading shot shells. Readily available in many stores.

Ball bearings, probably bought surplus or thru ebay.

Instructions for the rig will probably be found on several websites on the internet dealing with survivalists/doomsday/prepper and/or militia groups.

Mysteriously, it will be someone who is trying to say that there are other ways to cause a lot of damage other than guns and that gun registration and restrictions would not have prevented this from occurring.

It will become a rallying point for stricter controls not only on firearms, but on reloading components.

Again, this is total speculation. I have no facts to base this on. It is just a thought that seems to fit. Real question will be is it real? Or is this something out of a Matt Bracken novel?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Self-radicalized Islamic terrorist. Learned everything he needed to know off the internet. The target does not fit well for a right-wing, anti-govt terrorist but does for an Islamic one - it was the 65th birthday of Israel.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need controls on how much smokeless and black powder people can buy, to curtail the production of home-loaded ammo to go with restrictions on commercial ammo. How can we go about making that acceptable to the general public?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And as I think about this further, I'll wager a guess that all of the components will be traced back to purchases at a gun show.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom