Boudain Recipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be careful of Rue/Red/Blood boudin, I love boudin and a few of my cajun buddies keep trying to send me some blood boudin....uh, NO!!! Any others, white, crawfish, gator, ball, shrimp, and any others...yes. Blood/Red/Rue....no.

You can grill them, bake it, microwave it, or steam it. As mentioned, Zummo's is a decent mass produced.product.

Cohiba

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it actually spelled Boudin?
Here it is http://www.beststopinscott.com/#Boudin

LOL:
"Comes 2 links to the pound. This is the number one seller. We sell two thousand pounds a day. It is pork meat, a little pork liver, onions, bell peppers, red pepper, black pepper, salt, and msg. cooked in a big boiling pot for a long time... Once cooked it is ground then mixed with rice, green onions, and more red pepper, black pepper, salt, and msg. After is has all been mixed it is stuffed into a sausage like casing".

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big Daddy's BBQ in Broken Arrow used to have it, too bad they closed, I sure miss it.
They just grilled it and served it on white bread with your choice of BBQ sauce.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a good buddy in the S.E. area of Lake Charles who's the only cajun I know who refuses to eat blue crabs. One time I asked ol' Bobbie what the problem was.

(In a cajun accent).. AaaEeee Cohiba, me no eat nor like those there blue crabs, this coonass(what cajuns call themselves) no eat blues anymore. Ever since that Viet Nam war when Bobby had to turn those gooks along the river bank to make sure they was dead. Blue crab run out of a few hollow body and now Bobby can't stand to think of blue crab being in a dead body!!! Poor Bobby.

Here is a video of some different Cajun/French style sausage.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=B36r3FsuZ0I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB36r3FsuZ0I

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmmmm. Boudin. My soft spot ripnbst! I used to stop by a gas station outside of Luling twice a month on my way from NOLA to Morgan City and buy a dozen fried boudin (boudain) balls. There are lots of recipes online. I've thought of making my own without the casing but I can't find pork liver locally. And boudin without pork liver just isn't boudin. Maybe that meat market you go to has pork liver? Walmart sells a decent brand called "Zummo's Boudain" in their pork section and I get by on that. I go through about a pound a week. I eat it on saltine crackers, as a side dish, or my personal favorite, as boudin po boys (split po boy loaf or half a loaf of French bread, mayo, lettuce, tomato and liberal scoops of boudin). Mmmmm. Boudin!

Walmart Boudin???? Man if you think that's good boudin....

...go to Wheelers (I-35 and SE 44th East side of Interstate on south side of 44th) and give theirs a try - their own recipe. I'm betting you'll never go back to zummos again.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will report back on how my experience is with Meats N More's Boudain after this weekend. I plan to grill it up and try it without sauce first, but ultimately expect it to be slathered in Frank Buffalo Wing Sauce hot sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom