Bought a M&P 9 today!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i had went up to OPS here in tulsa to get a couple things and was looking around and finally started fondeling one of their S&W MP's. I really like it and have been wanting another gun to keep around at the house and to have a second pistol for when we go shooting. So after debating on it and a G17 i decided on the M&P 9 full size. Ive been shooting glocks for a while now its what me and my family have always owned other than wheel guns. I had tried out an XD before gettin my G19 but just wasnt a huge fan. But I really like this one alot, dry fired it quite a bit after getting home and cleaned/lubed it all up hope to get out to the range next week and see how she shoots. overall i think it'll be a excelent edition to the family and who knows maybe i'll end up trading the ol G19 for a compact model if it really impresses me but only time will tell.

By the way ops has really nice us peacekeeper shoulder bags for edc and just a really awesome grab bag. They had one up there fully stocked for like $80 but they go for $40 empty. lol i went up there with only real intentions of getting one of these and well we all know what happens when you start gazing at the gun counter lol:woot:

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my M&Ps in 9mm. They've digested thousands of rounds.

The full size is very similar to a Glock 17, while the M&P Compact is an interesting halfway size, somewhere between a compact G19 and a subcompact like the G26. Excellent concealed carry pistol.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
figured i'd post some pics up. really not a huge difference from the glock in size or weight. I do feel its a little more ergonomic with the different back straps and such and after playing with all of them im pretty set on which one i like the best. probably run out to the range in the morning and do a back to back comparison and see how she runs :gun2:anyways:

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15001.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15002.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15003.jpg

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know side by side the M&P is only slightly bigger than my G19 maybe an inch overall but not a lot. i would like to see and compare a comapct version with my glock as well. i cant wait to go shoot this one though. i mean dont get me wrong i love my glock tremendously and shoot very well with it but there's just something about the smith cant really explain it. maybe after some range time i'll narrow it down.....

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well went to the range this morning and tried both pistols back to back. let me say the M&P is a sweeeeeeeeeeet shooter. I found the only problem i had was the trigger reset is a little longer than my glock but more range time and practice will eliminate that issue. in the hand the Smith doesnt feel much bigger if at all than my glock ans seemed a little more comfortable. shooting seems a little more natural and i dont feel like i had to concentrate so much on sight alignment and follow up shots in rapid succession were tighter.

Now my real delimma is that i have owned and practiced with my glock for quite some time now but...... They had a rental M&P 9c at USSA that i held and manipulated some and for all intents and purposes i almost feel that would be a more easily concealable pistol than my G19. i didn't shoot it since i had to get home but it felt very comfortable in the hand and a pinky extension im sure would make it better.

So what should i do, i got signed up for the advanced conceal carry class at ussa and thats toward the end of may so i have some time to get a holster and other stuff if needed for a the M&P if i decide to go with the compact but im on the fence. plus it would also be nice to just have one brand to buy stuff for than having 2 different and keeping all the gear and stuff in order for them. So what do you guys think that have handled and shot both or either one???

Oh and also heres some pics of my target for a good comparison between my glock 19 and the M&P9. keep in mind this is the FIRST time i have shot the M&P dry fired it maybe 200 times in the house getting a feel for it. was shooting at 10yds with the $10 9mm federal ammo from walmart.

M&P goups:
ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15006.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15004.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15005.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15011.jpg
here i tried a defensive point and shoot without paying attention to my sights starting with a fast draw from the hip. The shots over on the left hand side were part of another group the shots around the black are from this drill:
ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15010.jpg

glock groups:
ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15007.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15008.jpg

same drill in defenseive situation:
ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_SmithWessonMP15009.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom