Boyds stocks customer service sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a couple of questions about a Boyd stock so sent email question to them. Seems Boyd's would drop by earth and figure out how to spend a couple of bucks for life chat. But it they did that, the price of the stocks would triple and they would be making the stocks out of silly putty to save money.
Anyway, ask a question about the product in considering a purchase and could have got more info if I'd asked my dog.
Probably not taken two emails to get an answer too.
What's happened to these guys?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stockys is about the same. I ordered a stock, they had it shipped to an address that did not exist. When I was ordering it the girl read back the wrong address, which I corrected her and she read it back correctly. When the stock never arrived, I called and they acted like it was my fault.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stockys is about the same. I ordered a stock, they had it shipped to an address that did not exist. When I was ordering it the girl read back the wrong address, which I corrected her and she read it back correctly. When the stock never arrived, I called and they acted like it was my fault.
See. I don't get it. They've got a decent product that needs some work but still a neat product that I would buy and they treat you like they do.
Why call it customer service when they could just say, "We don't want to talk to you". Don't bother going up the ladder. It's the same guy.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they do. I ordered a stock form them and they sent the wrong one. I called them and they supposedly sent me the correct on. Long story short, they charged my credit card twice and sent me the wrong stock three times. I called them back and said never mind.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a stock that they refused to take back or ship another without billing me again, and with another shipping charge (original order had 3 stocks). They sent a long action stock when I ordered a short action model... Oh well, it means I need to buy another rifle to fit the stock, right? Or find somebody with a need for a Howa 1500 long action stock...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If, and that's a big "if" indeed, you ever do manage to talk to somebody there who seems to give a rat's behind about taking care of the customer, you'll more than likely like the product. But yeah, I don't know how they stay in business the way they are. They just plain suck at the whole thought of customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom