Brady Theater Tulsa- Questions for the Tulsa Crowd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best place in Oklahoma for a concert

Yup, for a seated venue. Been there more times than I could possibly remember. 5+ this year alone I think.

I'm in the Brady District/north main area quite often at night and it's a totally safe area. Downtown itself doesn't give off the "unsafe" vibe it did maybe 5-10 years ago when it was a ghost town. Lots of people down there at night now, especially on a concert night. Even when it was a ghost town it was probably safe, but it didn't feel it.

Oliver's right on the searching - depends on the show. Don't see them searching Bryan Adams fans.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only things to worry about in the Brady district are the parking and hipster stank wafting out of the Soundpony.

If you feel unsafe there it's probably because you're from South Tulsa and the lack of strip malls makes you nervous.

The cocktail menu at The Tavern is awesome if you want pre/post show beverages. They took the Jack Donaghy (my favorite) off the menu but they'll still make you one if you order it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember when Caz's bar was the only thing in the Brady District if the Cains or the Brady didn't have a concert, and there were no street lights in the area. Used to be a spooky place to go drink but it sure was easy to find a parking spot.

How times have changed.

I wouldn't worry about a gun down there but then again that's just me I've been hanging out in that area off and on for the past 15+ years.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post Concert Update.

Parking was not a problem if you get there an hour before the event starts.

Security: They had what appeared to be one Tulsa PD officer (I am assuming, did not see his uniform, just his jacket with "POLICE" on it) inside standing behind sales desk by the inner doors. Several 3-4 guys with "Security" T shirts on. No visible weapons or even fashlights of any kind visible. They did have radios with hand mike's. The shirts the security guys were wearing were the underarmor type tight fitting. One security guy had to be 400 lbs and looked like he lifted weights several times a day.

I did see the "No Weapons Allowed" computer paper sized signs ON THE WAY OUT, as they had been taped to the windows of the inside doors facing away from the crowd. The doors had been open facing away from the moving crowds. They were NOT posted on the outside of the theater or its exterier doors.

Anyway good show, clean bathrooms, only one big tall guy outside pan handling the small groups of single females for cash and "anything they could spare" as we left.

Last edited:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Metric show at the Brady last night. Area is confirmed to be totally safe.

And that parking garage on Main does $2 parking, definitely get in on that. It was practically empty which blows my mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom