Brass Trimmers. . . your opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the RCBS trimmer. It's mounted to a piece of 3/8" X 4" angle iron. I chuck it up in my vise and crank away. Slow, but it works good.
As I'm looking around here in my reloading room, I don't see it. It's hard to miss, what with being mounted to that iron. Now I gotta' go look for it! :oops3:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old RCBS case trimmer - I got it as part of a kit with powder measure and scale back about 1976. Still using all of the equipment, but the case trimmer's cutter head is pretty dull.

Cedar Creek

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job on the 30-06 brass dennishoddy.
I was trimming 30-06 brass today and thought I would try my luck at another approach.

I use the lee cutter and case length gauge along with the lee lockstud and shell holder.

I had the shell holder and lock stud chucked up in a drill that is secured on a bench.. Chuck up a 30-06 case and hold the cutter and case length gauge in my hand and insert into spinning 30-06 brass.

I dreaded this every time..
So I switched it up.
I chucked up the cutter into the drill press and now hold the case in my hand that is fastened into the shell holder and lockstud.

Much quicker, 8 seconds per round to trim.
I do like your video though ,,and looks extremely efficient.

But I am surprised you are not using a VLD chamfer for the ID dennishoddy

Latest posts

Top Bottom