Breaking: Active shooter in Texas mall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation told ABC News that preliminary information developed in the probe indicates that the shooter was in the U.S. Army in 2008 and was "removed due to mental health concerns."

There it is…mental health, he also had no criminal record and had worked as an armed security guard (oddly enough).

That's 2 in recent memory that were in the service, discharged due to mental, and wound up legally purchasing firearms and killing a bunch of innocents.

That seems like something we could fix.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's 2 in recent memory that were in the service, discharged due to mental, and wound up legally purchasing firearms and killing a bunch of innocents.

And likely on those Anti Psychotics or Anti Depressants. Some people simply cannot handle them
and others can. The younger have problems especially when stopping use. This was fairly widely
documented years ago when these drugs were being prescribed more and more but the studies
indicating such were scrubbed. And it partly coincides with mass shooting in the last 20 years or so.
Not a direct correlation but fairly close.
Consider the money involved. It's repeat business for big Pharma. Every day millions upon millions of customers that take a drug that has serious withdrawal problems. One of them being violence in younger people.

Last edited:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
"expressed an interest in white supremacist ideology"

Actually, I'm doing the same thing these days.
I'm not interested in any "race"** being superior to any other "race". But I for damn sure believe that that the traditional western culture that used to prevail in the US is far superior to what is being foist on us by the left.

** I do not believe that a difference in the color of a persons skin defines a race.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There are laws on the books about limiting or denying the legal purchase of firearms to individuals with known mental illness, but as usual, few of those laws are enforced.

/Now waiting for all the blaming and finger pointing to commence why this is, as is typical🍿🍻 /

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And likely on those Anti Psychotics or Anti Depressants. Some people simply cannot handle them
and others can. The younger have problems especially when stopping use. This was fairly widely
documented years ago when these drugs were being prescribed more and more but the studies
indicating such were scrubbed. And it partly coincides with mass shooting in the last 20 years or so.
Not a direct correlation but fairly close.
Consider the money involved. It's repeat business for big Pharma. Every day millions upon millions of customers that take a drug that has serious withdrawal problems. One of them being violence in younger people.
This is what happens when doctors treat symptoms instead of trying to find and treat the root cause. The VA is especially notorious for pushing meds to treat symptoms and it’s why so many vets have a small pharmacy at home. Not to mention most doctors prescribe meds that contraindicate one another and could cause worse problems.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every day millions upon millions of customers that take a drug that has serious withdrawal problems. One of them being violence in younger people.
AND, everyday there are millions upon millions of people that are alive due to the meds they're taking.

"Big Pharma" deserves some of the dirt we throw, but they also deserve some recognition for the improvements in life that we enjoy every day.

A pharm company has seven years to recoup the tremendous investment in the development, testing, and government approval process before the generics (most from China) are allowed in the market.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually pretty good work by Chip Roy during the congressional hearing on pistol braces with steve diddlysquat. Chip Roy asked how many shooters were on medications, had mental illness, were from broken homes. Of course diddlysquat new nothing.

Tried antidepressants when trying to quit smoking. Lost my "edge," felt complacent and didn't care what happened. Even worse had a minor family emergency and when I got the call started throwing up. I rarely if ever have had to throw up and felt fine aside from the vomiting. That was the last day I took them. Never again. Never saw that doctor again either.

Had a friend who was on antidepressants to quit smoking. He said he threw them out when he started having nightmares and thought of harming his family. Still smoked but eventually quit a few months later on his own.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen some nightmare situations but some people haven’t learned yet. Took me a while as well. All I can do now is what I can do myself and try to coach those who are ready to listen. I still struggle with contentment and things I want versus what I actually need. Debt is an epidemic in America and our own government is a prime example.
YeH it is. I am in it right now and it suck’s. My wife and I have $38,000 in credit card debt and are barely making it. I don’t know how to get out of this. But I can guarantee, I won’t ever get in this situation again.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YeH it is. I am in it right now and it suck’s. My wife and I have $38,000 in credit card debt and are barely making it. I don’t know how to get out of this. But I can guarantee, I won’t ever get in this situation again.
Getting rid of the debt is do-able, it will however likely be painful for a season. The gig economy is better than ever and that can make a HUGE difference in extra income to tackle the high interest CC debt. The main thing is dealing with what got you (us as well) in the situation to begin with. Second and most important is having a detailed budget and a plan to tackle the debt. -Tell your money wear to go every month.
I would be happy to talk with you and give you some pointers, if interested. For reference, the wife and I paid off 5 credit cards and two vehicles last year. We have almost 3 months of living expenses saved and no other debt but mortgage. Stopped using CC and will never go back. Cash it is or we don’t do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom