BREAKING Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, hell. What a way to start a Saturday. I've never sat down and tried to calculate it, but I'd bet that Jimmy Buffett music is the biggest single part of my music collection. I even have both of the Christmas albums he swore he'd never record.

Sail on, sailor. Time to go look for that lost shaker of salt.

I have a TON of his music on my ipod and a closet full of concert & Margaritaville tshirts, not to mention the vinyl and CD's I own. If you see me out & about in the summer there's a good chance I'll be wearing a JB tshirt of one sort or another.

I'm gonna miss going to his concerts, a lot. He seemed to enjoy performing as much as we all enjoyed being there. Bad damn deal.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My highschool sweetheart, her mother loved Jimmy Buffett, on the weekends I could expect to hear him, or Frank Sinatra playing on the CD player in the kitchen.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not much for live concerts. But I went to a Buffet concert (in a manner of speaking) in Denver at Fiddler's Green waaay back around 1990 or 1991, I think. I was working off-duty security. That was back when CO was a solid red state and weed wasn't even close to being legal. I liked his music but I can't begin to tell you how many stoned Parrotheads approached me and probably every other cop there with a joint asking if I wanted a hit.

Had some good younger years thanks to his music.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
R. I. P. Jimmy

I grew up on his music, also. Always liked him, but not considered a parrothead.
Had friend that married biggest parrothead I ever knew. He turned her from fan to full blown parrothead.
He was in the Navy, stationed in Fla Keys. He retired and they bought in Keys. Turned out, was close a house Jimmy had. They spent time on the beach with him, several times.
I'm sure they are very down, this morning.

He was one-of-a-kind.
Sail away, good sir

Latest posts

Top Bottom