Bring back the 91% tax rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think 50% is fair depending on how money is earned. Your talking about personal income rather than corporate income? I do think overseas companies should be taxed much higher, so high in fact that its not profitable to stay in business other than here in the US.

Corporations are what I was talking about in my OP, not personal small time businesses or earners. Exxon Mobile or BP perhaps.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know. I'm talking about the amount you see in your check getting deducted. I also don't have a problem with the lower income earners paying less, but I do have a huge problem with the EITC. You can't afford to pay 25% of your income to taxes, fine, but I'll be damned if you deserve 4500.00 because you popped out 5 kids with no way to support them.
If I pop out 5 kids, we'll sell tickets, you can collect the dough we'll split it 75/25 (after all I am going to have a long term obligation) an we can buy our own countries.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh i never said im compassionate. If i had my way, id tax anything made overseas so high it would have to be made in the US, then id tie in a mandatory minimum wage that raises with the cost of living.

Geuss thats why im not in charge, lol.

Do you know who earns minimum wage? Kids, illegals and people with absolutely no marketable skills. Anyway....how are you going to control inflation when you start printing money and passing it out?

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole income tax rate discussion misses the bigger issue. Do you want to live in a poor country or a wealthy country? We shouldnt demonize the wealthy for being wealthy. We should want everyone to be wealthy. A successful country is full of successful people. How do people and society become wealthy? Work and innovation. These should be encouraged. We have perversely demonized these however through income taxes, particularly progressive income taxes. Why are we discouraging labor via the tax code? Find a better way to pay for government than by discouraging the activity that you should be encouraging.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corporations are what I was talking about in my OP, not personal small time businesses or earners. Exxon Mobile or BP perhaps.

They (BIG OIL) already operate on a smaller profit margin than about any other industry. They'll just pass any tax increase on anyway. That will make it harder for people on small incomes to make it. Because any rise in fuel costs hit all of us, tax or profit. It's a circle. And the consumer is caught in the middle.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They (BIG OIL) already operate on a smaller profit margin than about any other industry. They'll just pass any tax increase on anyway. That will make it harder for people on small incomes to make it. Because any rise in fuel costs hit all of us, tax or profit. It's a circle. And the consumer is caught in the middle.

Oh no, we'll make them absorb the additional expenses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom