Broken Husky oil-less air compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may need help on how to test the switch but if it is the compressor, can I somehow replace the compressor motor and re-use the nice 30gal tank?

I don't know anything about air compressors other than the oil-less kind don't last as long LOL. But this one has not been used much but is about 10yrs old.

Also not sure how to test the on/off switch...it has more than 2 plug-ins on the back of it and I am also very spooked by AC current.

LMK

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reset button? Mine wouldn't work and after tearing into it I noticed a little red button. Pushed it in, it clicked, so I plugged it in and it took off again. I felt stupid, but it worked and is still working....... Well after I put it all back together! ☺️

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VOM, volt, ohm multimeter. Continuity across the contacts-UNPLUGGED if you are wary of lectricity.
Thx, I guess I'd need to know what resistance and what prongs to test for the particular switch?
Reset button? Mine wouldn't work and after tearing into it I noticed a little red button. Pushed it in, it clicked, so I plugged it in and it took off again. I felt stupid, but it worked and is still working....... Well after I put it all back together! ☺️
Well this one was "hard starting". It would start and stop or not start at all, or delay start after turning on the switch. Then finally after those symptoms happening the last few times I used it, then it just will no longer turn on at all. Not sure if switch was bad and causing a loss of power intermittently or if something else (but my guess is something else) is the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom