Broken Windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to most all interpretations of statute and insurance/tort laws, this is a comprehensive loss and is technically a no fault loss; this is considered an assumed risk by driving on public roads. Like hail, or hitting a deer. For the record, I adjust insurance claims so this is a pretty commonplace thing for me to se.

That said, if you pester them enough, they may replace it just to quiet you down. They may tell you to pound sand. It's definitely YMMV.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's legal butt-covering. They could argue that once you read the sign, you should have dropped back 200 feet (or whatever the sign says).

It's not even legal butt covering. They're just hoping people DON'T follow any closer because they don't want broken windshields to deal with.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're gonna have a mighty time proving that the rock came from the Dolese truck. I've heard of a few different people going after trucking companies for the same type of thing. one was a truck hauling red paint that had a leaky drum that dribbled red all over a blue pickup. The hauling company had the disclaimer 'stay back 500 feet/Not responsible for damage' and sure enough - they were not.

I think your option to take it to court quickly exceeds the cost of the replacement glass.

this it not accurate, I have spoke with the OHP on more than one occassion and my insurance company as well. It is the law in OK that a person secure the load and or make sure that nothing falls off of the vehicle and strikes another vehicle, that includes flat beds and dump trucks.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Binswanger Glass in Bethany, 3914 N Rockwell Ave, Bethany, OK 73008
Phone:(405) 698-3206 ...

they beat safelite by 200 with my daughters car

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just pay the $400 or so for the new windshield and be done. Safelite is who I used and they came to me. There were cheaper options but I wanted factory glass back in the truck. Sucks but a hazard of the road.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this it not accurate, I have spoke with the OHP on more than one occassion and my insurance company as well. It is the law in OK that a person secure the load and or make sure that nothing falls off of the vehicle and strikes another vehicle, that includes flat beds and dump trucks.

It is accurate. You can't just go to Dolese and say 'Your rock cracked my windshield', because they say 'It wasn't our rock.'

aking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
American Glass, his name is Danny Charles, 405-641-4257. He comes out to your house or business and installs them. He has done several windshields for me. Had him do 3 at my work last week for $625 total.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this happen a couple of years ago on I44. I called OHP and a trooper eventually caught up and pulled the truck over as rock was still falling out. I didn't have any issue getting the windshield replaced on that companies dime.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd call the company, they haul rocks, and rock products. They have insurance and I'm sure this is not the first time this has happened. All they can say is no and your only out a phone call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom