Browning Hi-Power 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aim Surplus has some Israeli Police Hi Powers and I just got one. Like many police trade-ins, it looks rough but seems to be in fairly good mechanical shape and has a fairly decent trigger pull. Aim advertised a 13-round magazine with each pistol, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that mine is a 15 round.

As soon as the ground dries out at my range, I'll try it out and give an AAR.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kareen Hi Power that was Israeli surplus. Have owned it for quite a few years. Great shooter, never have had any problems with it. I have read in some of the forums that the Israeli's wanted their Hi Powers able to shoot the hotter Uzi loads.

Last edited by a moderator:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kareen Hi Power that was Israeli surplus. Have owned it for quite a few years. Great shooter, never have had any problems with it. I have read in some of the forums that the Israeli's wanted their Hi Powers able to shoot the hotter Uzi loads.
Could be some truth to that. The Kareen is certainly a well built Hi Power clone that should be able to withstand the hottest 9mm loads.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a picture from AIM Surplus of what they are offering.
F1FNHPMK3I1.jpg
The extra mags and the UpLULA mag loader I ordered have arrived but the ground is still too wet to do anything with.

Still, the UpLULA loader works well, once you get the hang of it and I was able to quickly and easily load all of the mags that I got with 9MM WWB from WallyWorld.

camoguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost ordered some of those for the store @ Camo Corner but I don't have enough people looking for Hi Powers lol
I love them though, I have a T-series Hi Power made in the 70's one of my favorite guns, lately I've been going between that and my walther p99 for carrying (small of back)
Good to hear though, I've ordered a fair bit of stuff from AIM and I usually have pretty good luck.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost ordered some of those for the store @ Camo Corner but I don't have enough people looking for Hi Powers lol
I love them though, I have a T-series Hi Power made in the 70's one of my favorite guns, lately I've been going between that and my walther p99 for carrying (small of back)
Good to hear though, I've ordered a fair bit of stuff from AIM and I usually have pretty good luck.

This was (as far as I remember) my first order from AIM and it went well, so I'll certainly order from them in the future if they have something that piques my interest.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was it the MKIII you received? The MKII is my favorite, followed by the MKIII. Either one will make a fine pistol. Hi Powers work well as carry guns because of the slim slide profile. Good gun leather helps, too.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it the MKIII you received? The MKII is my favorite, followed by the MKIII. Either one will make a fine pistol. Hi Powers work well as carry guns because of the slim slide profile. Good gun leather helps, too.

If I am not mistaken, I got the MkIII. What is the difference?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MKII will have a full length rib running atop the slide, MKIII does not. MKIII will have the firing pin safety, MKII will not. MKII frames are forged, MKIII are cast. IIRC, look at the bottom of the grip frame, just behind the mag well. MKIII (cast frames) will have small grooves cast into the metal, while MKII frames will simply have smooth metal there.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MKII will have a full length rib running atop the slide, MKIII does not. MKIII will have the firing pin safety, MKII will not. MKII frames are forged, MKIII are cast. IIRC, look at the bottom of the grip frame, just behind the mag well. MKIII (cast frames) will have small grooves cast into the metal, while MKII frames will simply have smooth metal there.

Mine is a MKIII.

Latest posts

Top Bottom