Browning Hi-Power 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are fine pistols. I've always installed the Cylinder & Slide "Combat" wide trigger in mine, which, in the process, does away with that pesky mag safety, thus improving the trigger pull by a substantial margin.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are fine pistols. I've always installed the Cylinder & Slide "Combat" wide trigger in mine, which, in the process, does away with that pesky mag safety, thus improving the trigger pull by a substantial margin.
It'll be a while before I do anything like that. Besides, the trigger pull on mine is actually pretty good.

As an interesting (to me) aside, I have the movie Eichmann on DVD and the Israeli police captain doing Eichmann's interrogation is shown shooting a Hi-Power. It didn't seem to me like he was a very good shot. :doh:

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ground was, I determined, finally dry enough to drive on, so taking the Browning (OK, it's not a Browning; it's an FN) and six magazines out to my range today, I gave it a workout.

Except for one failure to extract, the pistol's functioning was flawless. It was accurate at the close range I was shooting at, and it handles recoil well. I tried some one handed shooting and noticed a tendency to rotate counter-clockwise as the gun recoiled.

When I first shot the pistol several days ago, the recoil tended to hit the index finger tendon rather hard, but I did not notice this quite so much today.

A brief word on the UpLULA magazine loader: it works and works well. I was able to quickly load the one magazine I had kept empty, and it was much easier to use than the loaders the various manufacturers furnished with their pistols.

A word on the UpLULA magazine loader: it works and works quite well. Once I got the hang of it, loading the magazines went quite fast and was relatively hassle-free.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the failure to extract, it is relatively easy to replace the extractor spring. It is generally a good idea to do so with a military surplus Hi Power of undeterminable round count.

Latest posts

Top Bottom