Buckmark Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I took my Buckmark(Tactical Solutions 4" barrel and suppressor) to the range. I had an incredible number of failures to fire. Last time this happened it was time for a deep cleaning. Go figure a 22 needs some cleaning from time to time.

I broke it down last night and cleaned it up. I had to take a dental pic to the recess in the slide where the base of the cartridge sits. This was so gunked up I was scraping chunks of debris off. This was undoubedly the cause of my failures.

fast foward to today. I take it to the range to see how she runs. Operated great for the first 50 or so rounds. Then I started having random feeding problems. Specifically on round 8 or 9(10 rd magazine). the bullet would come out of the magazine and wedge above the bore, Slug up base down against the bottom of the slide. Slow fire or rapid fire did not matter. I short loaded the mag with anywhere from 3 to 8 rounds and would not get the problem. I tried the Federal bulk that I had and the CCI that I brought with me. Both presented the same issue.

I'm guessing magazine spring to be the issue. Any thoughts. I only have one magazine(factory) for now. I just need to pony up the cash to go buy one to eliminate this as a possibility.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many rounds do you have through it? It may be the recoil spring going. If so, the slide velocity may be too fast for the mag to kick the round up before it overrides.

You can rebuild the entire top end of a Buckmark for under $15 IIRC from the Browning parts catalog. I recently put new firing pins, recoil springs, etc. in our two and they run perfectly again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom