Buddy in FOB in Afgahn. What to send.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a buddy that recently got stationed at FOB Sharana in the stan.

I know it is a relatively large place, but I still want to send some care packages.

Anyone know what would be good to send?

Dave

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if hes at Baf or jaf, or met, he is set! Canned soups and chili are always the best. I loved them in all flavors. can you pm me where he is and i will let you know his options on what he has.

James

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a short amount of time at Sharana and can honestly say there's a good PX there and good chowhalls, but have a few suggestions. Good beef jerky is always a number 1 for me. Drink mixes were always nice, along with personal hygiene items like shave cream, good razors, soap and shampoo. Magazines and books in a favorite genre. Starbucks instant coffee and maybe a hot plate with a pot to heat water. Hot plates are nice for cooking too. Ramen if he has a way to cook it. Protein powder if he works out. Hope these suggestions help, but best of all is find out what he can use and send it to him.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Socks. Thick socks. Cushion sole. 'Expensive' socks. The $10-$15 a pair kind of socks. Thorlo, Wigwam, etc. Full length. One pair of great socks is more desirable than five pair of cheap socks. OD, black, dark gray, tan. No Tube socks.

http://www.amazon.com/Thorlo-Backpacker-13-9-12-5-10-5-13/dp/B0009MZX5G/ref=sr_1_49?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1343566140&sr=1-49&keywords=thorlo+men%27s

http://www.amazon.com/Wigwam-Weather-Foliage-Green-Large/dp/B004OL3TWC/ref=sr_1_24?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1343566171&sr=1-24&keywords=wigwam+mens+socks

Et al

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he's got a decent PX, the most welcome things would be stuff like hometown newspapers, recent copies of magazines, and home baked goods.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Stepson's over there now also, we send him beef jerky, nutri grain bars, chapsticks, good razor blades, chips ahoy, fruit snacks and those little tuna and cracker snacks also wet wipes by the pound! The last package had some cd's my wife made and he LOVED them. Hell, anything they like to munch on send it to em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom