Anybody Have Trouble with a Buy on Facebook Before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found an item on Facebook I wanted for my mill. I messaged the seller and agreed on a price and used PayPal to send him the funds. The seller claims he never got the funds, yet PayPal sent me an email saying he was paid. I know I can cancel the deal up until the time he claims the funds. I still want to buy the item but, this circle jerk is getting old. My thoughts are he sold the item locally so he wouldn't have to deal with shipping it and is jerking me around, so I'll give up on the buy. I don't see a reason PayPal would be lying about this. The seller has a five-star rating on Facebook but, not with me. This has been going on for almost a week.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found an item on Facebook I wanted for my mill. I messaged the seller and agreed on a price and used PayPal to send him the funds. The seller claims he never got the funds, yet PayPal sent me an email saying he was paid. I know I can cancel the deal up until the time he claims the funds. I still want to buy the item but, this circle jerk is getting old. My thoughts are he sold the item locally so he wouldn't have to deal with shipping it and is jerking me around, so I'll give up on the buy. I don't see a reason PayPal would be lying about this. The seller has a five-star rating on Facebook but, not with me. This has been going on for almost a week.
If it's not local, I don't buy off FB so can't help with your situation. But, I'd cancel PayPal then see if seller replies.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All
The
Time

Facebook, Nextdoor . . . definitely.

giphy.gif

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless it's face to face, I'm not buying anything on Facebook. No real buyer protection like eBay. I took a chance once and bought some boots on FB market and had the guy ship them, lo and behold they never showed up and FB wouldn't give me my money back.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paypal will refund you your money. It can take a while but the typically side with the buyer 99% of the time. You will have to file a dispute with Paypal. Last dispute I filed took about 3 weeks to resolve and get my money back. They will make you try and resolve it with the seller in writing through Paypal then wait for their response.

Latest posts

Top Bottom