Anybody Have Trouble with a Buy on Facebook Before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying to give something away for weeks on Nextdoor. Every time someone asks about it and says they want it they either claim they misread the size or claim they can't find my house to get it and then want me to deliver it.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bought and sold may times in market place. Never an issue. Bought off an ad once and had to dispute it with my debit card. Got my money back.
Responded to a post on a site called Down on Your Luck. They wanted it but couldn’t get it and wanted me to deliver. I know crappy site and most are just beggars and mooches.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had two deals on FB market and both went well. One was a guitar and the other was a 4x12 speaker cab. Both were face to face deals. If someone I know has something I want I'll do it. Just bought an emergency handheld SOS device for off shore excursions.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done several deals before on Facebook without any problems. I even bought a car off it last weekend. This isn't a big deal because I'm not out of any money. I do like ftf deals better of course.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you send PP money friends and family it is considered a gift and typically that money is gone and uncontestable.
As mentioned above, PP good and services has some leverage for refund.
Oh and FB deals are ftf and cash only. Everything else is a scam.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you send PP money friends and family it is considered a gift and typically that money is gone and uncontestable.
As mentioned above, PP good and services has some leverage for refund.
Oh and FB deals are ftf and cash only. Everything else is a scam.
This.

And for reference I sell an average of 2-3 things a week on FB. If I buy something on a different forum, for instance, that customarily requires sending money and then someone shipping something, I'll always send the money as G&S and pay the extra 3.5% that paypal charges. (For instance, if the seller wants 100, I send $104 to cover the fee. That way if anything happens I have a modicum of coverage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom