Buddy in FOB in Afgahn. What to send.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's his environment? Is he living in a CHU, Corimec or other form of housing with access to shower, or living out of a rucksack? Dry stuff allows more to be shipped than canned goods. Also, going to half price books and buying 20 lb of whatever magazines he (and buddies) might be interested in.

If he has a laptop, a "special" DVD of downloaded pron is always appreciated.

L

LenBob

I did three tours in Iraq and was on the move quite a bit. Sometimes mail couldn't catch up to me in time for homemade treats to still taste good. However, jerky stayed good and was always a favorite; send plenty cause you gotta share! Also; I used to have friends record my favorite Tulsa radio station... it sometimes helped me to forget where I was.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, Have some stuff ready to go.

What is the best way to send? Post office, if it fits it ships? or is it less expensive to pack a box and send it by weight?

I seem to remember that some of the fees are reduced if sending to APOs.

Anyone know anything about the shipping aspect of this?

Thanks

Dave

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had some good advice on this. He said in place of something to eat that they enjoyed small toys as much as anything else. These are generally young people and they appreciate something that gets their mind off things and passes the time. I can't recall what it was that one of the soldiers got but he said that they all played with it for hours and hours.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send maybe a PSP and an a$$load of batteries with some games. I'm a grown man but a gamer is always a gamer. I never play anymore because I don't have time but if I was sitting behind the wire with nothing to do video games would be the nuts.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send maybe a PSP and an a$$load of batteries with some games. I'm a grown man but a gamer is always a gamer. I never play anymore because I don't have time but if I was sitting behind the wire with nothing to do video games would be the nuts.

Kindle fire loaded with books

If these gizmos are powered by lithium ion batteries, you're going to have a heck of a time getting them to an APO seeing as USPS is the only carrier that ships to APO addresses and they recently banned the shipping of lithium ion batteries to international destinations including APO, FPO, and DPO addresses.

http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2012/pb22336/html/updt_004.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom