Bugout Fitness Videos??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, OK. So maybe if I buy the "tactical" gear, I can be a "tactical" guy, too?
Beats the heck out of all that hard work and training.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it was months ago. I was lucky enough to get it in the rack. I told them that next time it happened they would get to eat every plate on the bar.

P90X is great exercise. My problem with it is that it is not properly done by the people I've seen do it. People without a good background in proper body mechanics. I've seen dumbbell curls turned into a full body exercise by the goons at the gym. My biggest complaint is that it tried to be good at everything but is great at nothing. So that you never really achieve your true genetic potential past an intermediate level.

Them again I am one of those people who want to try to push the earth out of orbit with a good deadlift.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a lot of HIIT training and put lots of miles jogging the streets the last 18 months and lost close to 50 lbs. IN the last month joined a CrossFit gym audits amazing. It is truly hard as hell and will give you a great all around work out. It's not cheap but IMO, worth every penny. Also, once you have been doing cross fit for a while and if SHTF, just about every workout could be done using improvised weights and exercise equipment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P90X is great exercise. My problem with it is that it is not properly done by the people I've seen do it.

This is sure a possibility. If someone watches the video, and listens to the instructions on form, it shouldn't happen. Tony Horton emphasizes form, breaks, pace, over and again. The Insanity videos, not as much.
For someone who is a couch potato, I believe the P90X is great. When I can't run the trails, I like to do the Plyo workout as a sub, and work in some of the other stuff as well.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is sure a possibility. If someone watches the video, and listens to the instructions on form, it shouldn't happen. Tony Horton emphasizes form, breaks, pace, over and again. The Insanity videos, not as much.
For someone who is a couch potato, I believe the P90X is great. When I can't run the trails, I like to do the Plyo workout as a sub, and work in some of the other stuff as well.

Getting off the couch for any amount of time is good for a couch potato.

My goal with most training is to increase my bodies ability to generate more force while maintaining endurance. Continually making your training more complicated as your body adapts to your level of training is very important as is documenting your progess. If you don't keep a log you are exercising and not traning.

To elaborate, you must first set your goal. Running mile in 8 minutes, squaring 500 pounds, being able to carry the wait of your bug out gear x distance in x time. Then you must train for that goal. Any of these is made easier by training force production along with specific training for the task. For instance, day 1 strength training, day 2 plyo, day 3 rest, day 4 strength training, day 5 long slow distance (jogging ect), day 6 rest. Repeat and and weight and duration/distance.

Now make a video and sell it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom