Building a Trio of Custom Lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had an idea to build a trio of matching lowers after my last Son was born. He is the last of 4 and 1 of 2 Boys and I wanted something neat for the 3 of us...

So, I decided to get a set of sequential Seekins Lowers w/out rollmarks - sounds WAY easier than it was, but I finally found a set and bought them.

Next step was deciding how to mark them as unique to my Sons and I, so I decided to have our Family Coat of Arms digitally designed and laser engraved (Deep) into the right side of each lower.

I also had each person's initials engraved (Again, deep) into the other side.

Lastly, I bought 2 NiB BCGs and had the Family Crest laser engraved into the carrier itself just to make it even more personal.

Anyway, next thing to do is figure out a good color to have them Cerakoted (Thinking Burnt Bronze or Blue Titanium) - but lower only, the rest of the build will be with regular black finish, I want the Lowers to stand out as "Special"

So, here is what I have so far:

I think I'll stop after coating, no reason to build out the ARs themselves - My Sons are 7y and 5 months...this was just an exercise in getting lowers done so that we all had a matching set and when old enough I can get them there first ".22" by buying them a .22 upper for their lower and then when it's time, get them a 5.56 upper.

I figure, this will be their first "Gun" and with it being so personalized, they will always keep it...

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sprayed some Blue Titanium and was not all that thrilled with the color. Maybe get someone to darken the Burnt Bronze. This will give you a slightly darker color that would blend better with the rest of the black parts. You could also have it darkened with a metallic color for a darker sparkly look. I have used a lot of Tungsten too. It is a nice look! Maybe get each in a different color?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some blue on a JP upper. Its a heat dissipater on the gas tube under the hand guard.

I don't know, it just looks out of place to me on a black rifle.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go ahead and start getting the other parts now while they can be had for a decent price. With the elections coming, no telling what that's going to do to the market.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good ideas, thanks...

If I had to pick now I'd do the Burnt Bronze...but just not sure...

I had even thought about having them all sandblasted and cleared just for something really different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom