Building an ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are a lot of cheap parts out there with plenty of vendors. they may or may not work for your requirements. It is always better to determine the need and go from there, or put another way, mission drives the gear.
Im not saying you dont already know that, just making the statement for those who dont.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if I was just starting on my first AR I'd go find a plain jane Colt 6920. Then I'd shoot it. If I found some area it was lacking I'd address it. I think a stock 6920 with a good optic would fill most roles for most people.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Always research each non-stock aftermarket part for reviews by ACTUAL SHOOTERS and not internet salesmen.
Every guy on tv is a salesman especially Larry Vickers.

A lot of parts are all made by the same company and each dealer calls them they're own.

A good example is a gas block. its low profile, has 2 set screws in the bottom. They range from $14.99 to $53.99
on the net depending on the company.
Truth is they cost $3 and are made in China.

After you review everything and make your decisions then you can start looking for prices or packages.

Just because you pay Big Bucks don't make a super gun.
Theres a lot of $3000 guns out there that can be out-performed by a $587 Dpms from walmart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom