Buying a new firearm on line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
www.kygunco.com Probably best all-around pricing for lots of stuff. They don't charge tax, CC fees or shipping. Definitely my first choice for most things.

www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com Good pricing

www.palmettostatearmory.com Best prices on ARs usually. Great sales. They do charge tax and shipping (they frequently run "Free Shipping" specials on guns)

www.cdnnsports.com Not my go-to, but they do have some good deals and free shipping on occasion. They usually have lots of Colt stuff...that's why I pay attention to them. They don't charge sales tax and often offer free or reduced price shipping.

I've ordered from Bud's a time or two. Definitely better choices out there in my opinion. I only buy from Bud's if they're the only place that has what I want.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go to the Tulsa gun shows, do NOT ask Bob at Bob's Guns if he charges sales tax. You will get a five minute lecture emphasizing that he does NOT charge sales tax... he COLLECTS sales tax for the government. :pms2:

But he makes a fair point. No dealer charges sales tax. Some collect it separately, some pay it out of the purchase price of the gun. Or there are probably some who don't pay it.... for a little while.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased online from Cabela's before they had an in-state store......shipped to my FFL.....no problems at all. I have purchased from the OKC BassPro 4 or 5 pistols/rifles/shotguns.......never an issue. I suppose it's a luck of the draw but I've always been lucky I guess.. I have also purchased via Gunbroker and at Atwoods....still no issues until I purchased from Gunworld.....won't be back there. Big Boys took me to the cleaners on a trade. Sold one to Drury's in Texas....it was a positive transaction

Last edited:

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your looking online check out gun.deals they are pretty much just a search engine for the cheapest prices online based on your search. I've bought several online and have not been charged tax.

Panayoti2

Marksman
Reaction score
If you go to the Tulsa gun shows, do NOT ask Bob at Bob's Guns if he charges sales tax. You will get a five minute lecture emphasizing that he does NOT charge sales tax... he COLLECTS sales tax for the government. :pms2:

But he makes a fair point. No dealer charges sales tax. Some collect it separately, some pay it out of the purchase price of the gun. Or there are probably some who don't pay it.... for a little while.
I remember that guy. What a talker.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have bought a couple from Bob. He can talk!

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said, some do, some don't. A lot more do than don't compared to a few years ago so check around. Also keep in mind you're transfer fee to your ship to dealer. That can vary widely and never hurts to ask local before purchasing online.

Latest posts

Top Bottom