Building my zombie gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The base of this build will be a Mossberg Maverk 88. It is the 6-shot Security version with an 18.5" barrel.

Need some mod ideas, but here is what I am thinking.

ATI collapsable gunstock
ATI 5 round addon
6 shell sidecar
Bandolier style stap
maybe the ATI Marine heatshield and ghost sights.

Anything else I need for a zombie assault?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The base of this build will be a Mossberg Maverk 88. It is the 6-shot Security version with an 18.5" barrel.

Need some mod ideas, but here is what I am thinking.

ATI collapsable gunstock
ATI 5 round addon
6 shell sidecar
Bandolier style stap
maybe the ATI Marine heatshield and ghost sights.

Anything else I need for a zombie assault?

what is the ATI 5 round addon?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For as much as your going to spend in accessories, I might just sell your plain jane Maverick, add some cash, and start with a Mossberg 590 that you can get with ghost ring sites from the factory, plus you would have the benefit of more rounds in the tube.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For as much as your going to spend in accessories, I might just sell your plain jane Maverick, add some cash, and start with a Mossberg 590 that you can get with ghost ring sites from the factory, plus you would have the benefit of more rounds in the tube.

I am not familiar with the 590, I will look into that. I didn't like where the safety is located on the 500, with the pistot grip and fold over stock it is just inconvienent, I think. I was also going to add the tube for an extra shell. I will look into that 590 though, It really isn't a money issue, I just wanted something cheap and fun to play with.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the 590, I will look into that. I didn't like where the safety is located on the 500, with the pistot grip and fold over stock it is just inconvienent, I think. I was also going to add the tube for an extra shell. I will look into that 590 though, It really isn't a money issue, I just wanted something cheap and fun to play with.

You are tricky.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are tricky.

I wasn't trying to be tricky or brag or anything. I left happy hour, saw some shotguns. The counter guy said the Maverick 88 was the same as the Mossberg 500 except didn't come with the pistol grip and I could buy one for it. Clearly he was wrong and misinformed, turns out I like the location of the safety better. I had previously looked at the 500 and thought it looked badass. Seems the 590 has the same safety location. Any advantage by going with the 590?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 590 is a militarized version of the 500. It's got some metal parts where the 500 has plastic (i.e.: trigger group).

It doesn't sound like your going to be shooting it much...so just get a Maverick and call it a day.

Sturgell was pointing out that most people who look at Mossberg Mavericks definitely have money as an issue. Because if money wasn't an issue and coolness was, we'd all have one o' these:

awww.mississippiautoarms.com_images_8inchLage3w.jpg

He wasn't dogging you at all. A good sense of sarcasm/irony helps at OSA!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom