Bullet resistant vest questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My job recently had me start wearing a BR vest. I have never had to wear one before and just had a couple of questions. Does everyone wear a normal tshirt under the vest or is there a better option? What is the best way to keep it from riding up when you sit down?

Thanks.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wear a cotton t-shirt under my vest just to absorb sweat, sweat & skin oils will eventually breakdown a vest. If they didn't issue you another carrier, I would invest in one. If the vest was fit to you, you shouldn't have the "ride up" problems. Sounds like the boss just bought a size off the rack.

jdubya

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your vest should have an inch to an inch & a half distance between the bottom of the vest and your belt when standing. That way when you sit it won't ride up. Does it gave "tails"? If so try some shirt stays on them.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer a plain t-shirt. I tried the under armor stuff, but it's too slick and seems to cause it to move around too much for me.

They suck to wear, especially in the Summer, but should it ever be necessary, you'll be glad you have it.

BTW: Thank you for calling it by it's proper name... bullet RESISTANT. Pet peeve.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I figured out most of my issue. I had to adjust the shoulder straps some. I think I will be keeping my cotton tshirt for now. Underarmour being slick under the vest would really bother me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I figured out most of my issue. I had to adjust the shoulder straps some. I think I will be keeping my cotton tshirt for now. Underarmour being slick under the vest would really bother me.

I asked GC about this because he bought some Underarmour a couple of years back. He says in the heat of summer that the Underarmour actually felt a bit cooler than cotton, but he wears plain old cotton t-shirts unless the heat is just gonna be brutal.

Now for a little upkeep ... just in case you don't know ...

If you don't have two carriers go ask for another one. Switch them out every week. Wash in cold water and woolite and hang to dry. DO NOT PUT YOUR CARRIER IN THE DRYER. They will last much, much longer if you do this. BTDT ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom