Bushnell 4200 Tactical?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I have been looking at scopes ALOT recently and I really want one that is mil/mil matched or moa/moa matched, First Focal Plane reticle and variable power with a max above 16x. Was looking at Leupold liked their MK4 with TMR reticle but only ffp is the extended range model and doesn't have mil/mil. NightForce I could get what I want in either moa or mil but it would be about $2300 and that is more than I want to spend. So I just randomly came across This Bushnell. Bushnell wasn't really on my list to look at for this type of scope but it has what I want and at a better price than I was expecting to pay. So my question to you is. Am I going to be disappointed with this? Should I get something else? My max cost is about $1300-1500 and I am not willing to look at something that doesn't meet my above feature list.

buster11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://swfa.com/IOR-3-18x42-Tactical-35mm-Rifle-Scope-P8936.aspx
First focal plane mp-8 mil reticle with mill adjustments and i think it comes with free 35mm ior rings. I've heard that IOR has excellent glass, some mixed reviews of durability, but i think if you're not beating the crap out of it in tactical/practical matches and such, it should be fine. Plus lifetime warranty. I have heard they have very good customer service.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I like that IOR has pretty good reviews.... Damn yesterday I was sure it was gonna be a Leupold last night a NightForce this morning a Bushnell and now an IOR. The IOR also has a wider adjustment ~86" at 100m vs ~55".

So anyone else have an idea.

buster11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. samplelist.com It's run by SWFA. Demo, factory refurbs and used stuff. They got some good stuff on there, buy I always check their prices against opticsplanet.com Also libertyoptics.com has very very good prices on some nice scopes. I found them on snipershide, I guess alot of people over there get there thru liberty.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at the same scope! I've not found a bunch of information on them yet, I had thier 10X tactical scope and TRIED to ruin it with up/downs and after 6 years my little brother has it on his 223 and it still works fine. I had the 3200 5-15 but the crosshairs were just too thick. I have heard good things about the 4200 and 6500 but I don't need the 30X of the 6500 and the 4200 seems to fit just what I'm looking for and the price ain't too bad either! I just wish I could find someplace that would tell me what power I would take mil readings? Later,

Kirk

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have couple of the 4.5-30X50 6500 tactical's. I haven't had a chance to shoot with them much yet, but they really seem like nice scopes.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have had several Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 Mil. Dot
wonderful optics and performance at any setting

excellent low light performance... great customer service after I killed it with a Beeman Crow Magnum. also killed a Leupold VX-III with Beeman Kodiak... Leupold also has excellent customer service. both are no questions asked... if broken, we fix it.

ended up selling 4200 and keeping my Leupold scopes for what it's worth. still got several Bushnells, Legends & sportsview etc.

only disadvantage of 4200 series is size... Big and Bulky
Both Leupold and Bushnell has great optics as does Zeiss
very small differences with top end optics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom