Butterball on sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
This really hurts my feelers. I kept hearing about bird shortages, and I'm in charge of the turkey for turkey day with the family. So i went to crest, found two butterballs the right size, and paid $1.89 a pound for them..... if I had only looked around a little more.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This really hurts my feelers. I kept hearing about bird shortages, and I'm in charge of the turkey for turkey day with the family. So i went to crest, found two butterballs the right size, and paid $1.89 a pound for them..... if I had only looked around a little more.
Sorry but it always pays to wait and see what Aldi has on sale. We buy more and more there because if they carry it, it is usually cheaper. Most of our canned goods, meats, milk and eggs come from Aldi unless somebody has a good sale going.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw an article on Faux news in the business section that Aldi's was rolling SOME prices back to 2019 levels, (can we roll back the president too?) sounded like mostly holiday items. Went into the MWC location and noticed a few red tags with lower price by the lined out regular prices. Good deal on the turkeys, had some bigguns there, noticed a 15 pounder and a 21 pound in the case.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, people need to research alarming news reports before they freak out, cause lots of reports are fake. Plenty of examples of it on this site.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw Honeysuckle turkey on sale for $.99 a pound at Firelake grocery.

That bird flu shortage is really taking it's toll. I despise fearmongers.
While I agree about the fearmongers, things like bird flu take a few months to work their way thru the pipeline. I expect to see a problem around Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom