Tips to save a dollar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful to not get an expensive wife or husband, whatever you are.

If you are married to a spouse who can't stay out of the stores and online purchases, spends $$$ that you don't have, is spoiled and needs more and more and more physical things, you can't afford to be married to them.

They will ruin you.

If you are dating, and your boyfriend/girlfriend is in big credit card debt and can't pay it off.... RUN AWAY !!!!! Do NOT get engaged or married to that sort of person!!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well for starters, don't get sick because doctors and pharmacies are expensive places to go! So exercise, eat healthy and avoid stress, especially financial stress!

Don't accumulate possessions. Strive for a minimalist life because at a certain point, you don't own your possessions as much as they own you.

Finally, don't buy a boat because boats are very expensive to feed and maintain! There's a reason Confucious said "Free boat is not free."!

You're welcome! :)

Reminds me of the saying...... If it Flies, Floats, or Fawks then rent it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use the credit unions for notary service, they do it at no cost. If you have one retirement check and are working, stick the retirement check in savings and live off of your job-others live off of the salary and one day you'l have a hefty nest egg. Don't tell your relatives how much you've saved, they'll want their share. If your son or daughter asks for $200.00 ask them if $100.00 will help. The won't refuse.
If your refrigerator goes out, check on the internet-youtube for tips on how to repair it without an expensive service call or worse, buying a new refrigerator. Do not show your valuable collection of any kind to your son's friends or you may be buying a new collection.
When cooking, prepare enough for 2-3 days and it will save you labor, utilities and cleaning up the prep mess a couple of times but satisfy the meals for the next few days. Always prepare for the future because many don't and they end their life poor and dependent upon others. An aside, help others who are trying to help themselves but give no aid to those who are not helping themselves but are able to do so.

Last edited:

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something I was told long ago.....look for a thousand places to save a dollar, they're easier to find than one place to save a thousand dollars. Advice from a grandfather who raised 9 kids starting just after WWI and through the Depression, it seemed to work good then should work fine now.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Live as if nobody cares who you are or what you look like.

Because that's the f'n truth.

Nobody gives 2 shits if you wear name brand clothes, drive a fancy car/truck, live in a huge house, have the latest iPhone, or are spotted 3x a week eating dinner at Mahogany or Ranch.

Whenever I see adults who behave like prissy high school kids I just shake my head.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something I was told long ago.....look for a thousand places to save a dollar, they're easier to find than one place to save a thousand dollars. Advice from a grandfather who raised 9 kids starting just after WWI and through the Depression, it seemed to work good then should work fine now.
Had a friend that used to say “watch your pennies and your dollars will find themselves.” Same idea as what you posted. 👍🏻

Latest posts

Top Bottom