Buyer beware "Watch Deals"!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the dial says 7002-700L. the movement has no identifying marks.....
With dials, if they are original, the movement marking (first 4 digits) will match the case. The model marking (2nd set of 4) more often then not will be slightly different than the case. If that case shows a movement number in it's model of 7S26, it's probably 20 years newer than that dial. The 7000 series movements (7S..., 700x) all have the same dial size so they can be swapped out as long as the day/date windows match. Dial feet may need to be repositioned, but they will fit. It looks like someone either took a complete dial and movement and put it in that case, or just redialed that watch at some point. Not uncommon either way.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
With dials, if they are original, the movement marking (first 4 digits) will match the case. The model marking (2nd set of 4) more often then not will be slightly different than the case. If that case shows a movement number in it's model of 7S26, it's probably 20 years newer than that dial. The 7000 series movements (7S..., 700x) all have the same dial size so they can be swapped out as long as the day/date windows match. Dial feet may need to be repositioned, but they will fit. It looks like someone either took a complete dial and movement and put it in that case, or just redialed that watch at some point. Not uncommon either way.
Need to get pics or something to figure this out. no dial feet on the dial

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found how the dial is supposed to be attached to the movement which is some cam locks that turn into the feet on the dial.... putting the dial under a 10x mag i can see where the feet used to be and preliminary aligning with the movement I think the were good for they movement ...... Will put it under the 30x scope tomorrow ... maybe tonite and see. Any body have mad soldering skills lol.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Case back does not go with the case.... The more I know , the more fun this is getting LOL. Yep. fun is the word I will use ... :cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
snoopy.jpg

Now I know where to go lol.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My 03 suburban started doing weird stuff similar. Yep, threw a few parts at it. Resolved it by replacing what seemed to be a good battery that sounded a little weak on one start. Apparently had an intermittent short in one cell that was throwing the ecm out of whack even while driving. Good luck to you having your problem resolved.

View attachment 378841
Now I know where to go lol.
Oh heck Yes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom