Buying 22lr makes me feel good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since the Obama years ended and 22 ammo has come back on the shelves I've been stocking up so I won't ever be caught short supplied again. Went to Walmart today and picked up 6 boxes of the 550 round Federal, and the best part was by using the walmart pay app I had enough savings catcher dollars to pay for it, so it was like getting it for free! Happy Valentines Day to me.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pick up a box or 2 every time I go to walmart.Also, I can usually find a 100 round box of wwb or federal 9mm for under $17.00 now. I was paying 25 -27 in the obama years and happy if I came home with 200 rounds.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Centerfire has a sale on CCI 22 and 22Magnum with free shipping. There is also a rebate available but not listed on their site

Attachments

• CCI Rebate 2019.pdf
    415.9 KB · Views: 166

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it does warm the heart to buy at 3 . something cents a round.. Sales gone by allowed some to purchase for 2. something cents per round.. When ya have near $200 to spend target sports is the online place to shop..

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought so much .22 it is unreal. Gotta get it while we can. I now have well over 11,000 rounds! I won’t stop buying it even if I hit 20,000 rounds! But I know the feeling you speak of. Just makes me smile when I go into academy or somewhere else and the shelves are fully stocked with multiple brands. I remember the Obama days. Those were some dark days.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave away a lot of .22 during the Obummer years to people with kids looking for it. Still pick up from time to time....cant have too much.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At my normal rate of rim fire shooting, I’ll be pushing daises before running out like the Obama years.
Said I’d never pay more than .04 per round and held to that vow until running out. Just flat quit shooting rim fire. It didn’t last long as Trump won and the prices started dropping like a rock. Did buy some finally at .05 cents.
I just hope the neckbeards, hoarders and gougers that caused that spike in prices and shortages got stuck with high priced ammo and had to sell at a loss.
Obama didn’t cause the shortage or prices. Our fellow shooters did......

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always shot a lot of 22 so I try to keep a pretty good supply.I remember going to sportsworld in Tulsa and people were buying a 50 round box of 22 for $6.00 a box.A few years earlier I had stocked up on 50 round boxes of 9mm at less than 5 dollars a box.It seems like it was just a few days after Sandy hook that ammo was almost extinct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom