Buying A Gun Off Of Gun Broker...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm looking at a gun on the website Gun Broker and have a few questions.

1. One of the guns I'm looking at, the sell is a new member. Basically they're not rated nor have sold on that site. So...how do I know I won't get taken.

2. With this new or non-rated seller, what is the best method of payment to help me reduce my loss...if there is one. A credit card?? What if he won't take a cc...what is another method to pay to prevent loss...if they are out to scam you.

3. Would you buy off of Gun Broker from a non-rated seller??

Any and all pointers purchasing off of Gun Broker would be helpful!!!

Thanks.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd make sure they are a "Verified Member". Also, I'd be more comfortable if they were listed as an FFL and not an individual. I would insist on using a credit card.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the seller have an FFL? If so, get their ffl number. If not I would be weary, unless they were okay with you sending a cashiers check/money order to a gunstore/ffl and let them inspect the item(just to make sure it is as described) then hand over the payment before shipping. It may cost a little extra going though two ffl's(one there and one here) but would be worth it for the peace of mind. You might have to call around because some gun stores might not even want to deal with it......

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like being on here and trying to buy something. You don't know. See if you can get a phone number and talk to the seller in person. All of us had to make that first purchase or sale before we could build any trust.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy from a non-rated seller on Gunbroker. I've bought my fair share of guns on Gunbroker and never had a problem. I try to buy from FFL's that have good reputations.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
typically you get a lower price because most folks dont trust em...if you cant use a creditcard send a postal money order with tracking....at least then its mail fraud...not to taken lightly...send a few messages to see if the responses sound legit....

Latest posts

Top Bottom