buying guns privately

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an FFL does a sale, it's not private, unless it is from his private collection. It has to be in the FFLs' collection for at least a year, before it is considered a "private" firearm.
The ATF warns about doing that sytematically to circumvent the NFA.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all of them. Some use AR's for home defense so in that situation I can understand a flashlight on there.
Some, like me, use their AR's for competitions which is why they have Eotechs, they're fast on target.
Some just like the looks, and some think a new world order is on its way.

I don't know of any real practical reason to have a quad rail on a civilian AR other than just looks. I'll admit that when I was 23, 24 I had a quad rail on mine because I thought it looked cool, but It never came in handy for a single thing except for a chesse grater for my hands. When I started doing competitions, the rail went bye bye quickly.

Ya know...

After you've got a shotgun, a pistol, a 22 Rifle and a decent sized caliber center fire rifle you've pretty much got all the bases covered.

Anything extra is just for looks, fun, coolness etc.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are an FFL then you have a separate record of all your private guns, You have to have a gun in that book for a year before you can sell it without the paper trail but you still have to show that you sold it in your private gun record.

If you want to buy yourself another personal gun then you have to log it in to your bound book then log it out to yourself and log it into your private gun record and the circle starts all over.

If you have a corporation then you do have to file a 4473 on yourself before you log it into your private book.

There are thousands of guns sold every day that get 4473's. The 4473 is just a background check, it is not a registration, the kind of gun and serial number are never given to the inspector.

There are almost a billion guns owned by the population of the USA, Who do you think is going to try to track down all those guns?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are almost a billion guns owned by the population of the USA, Who do you think is going to try to track down all those guns?

Someone a lot like this I would think...

at2_gstatic_com_images_4fdb84a587fa6b4c977b97f6fc24cf25._.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom