Calm before the Chaos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my family is back east, but my girlfriend will be here tomorrow. Will 7-8 dogs in the house count toward the “chaos”? Depends on if one of them spots a squirrel through the window…

Merry Christmas to all!
We had 14 today. 10 of our yard deer came into the feeder. The son's yapper Yorkie that is about a pound and a half turned into a lion wanting to get to them through the window. They barely raised their heads to look. It's cold out there and they want food.
All the grandkids have been trained in Brazilian jujitsu, so there were a few matches on the floor in the front room. Total chaos.
Merry Christmas to all the forum members and their families!

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fond memories a bit further back - 60's - with huge family gatherings at my maternal grandmothers house. Mom had 9 brother and sisters so we had enough cousins to play football with full teams. Now I enjoy the magic of Christmas watching the grands excitement with each present they open. As we all age, many family members we celebrated with are no longer with us. Cherish the moments even in the midst of the madness. Merry Christmas,
That would be me also, great memories dating back to the 60's and late 50's.

Best wishes for a Blessed and Very Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had the big family gathering last weekend, just gonna be going over to her moms house today for games and lunch. We'll exchange a few things today, she's getting a new sectional, some boots, and new floors in the house. not the most exciting gifts this year for her, I have mixed feelings about it. We do always load up the stockings though. I consider this the calm before the storm as well, but in a bigger picture kinda way. next year we'll likely have a kid around or at least on the way, and here in a few years I'll be up to my ears in buying gifts and if the kids end up being anything like me, dealing with them "trying to be quiet" at 4am christmas morning. I really look forward to that. But for now, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Merry Christmas from our house to yours

Me and my Hen making preps. The prime rib about to go on the fire. Kids, grands and great-grands will be arriving in a couple hours and the chaos will begin.

Prayers for Pearl and all those with health issues have a speedy recovery.

Safe travels for those on the roads.

Bless those having to work and a special prayer for our military, not home for this blessed day.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting here with all the gifts bought enjoying some peace and quiet with a nice mug of Irish coffee (heavy on the Irish ) This time tomorrow I am going to be ready to strangle those that I love the most ....... All my kids are wonderful as well as the grandbabies , but a full house and everyone running in 5 directions sure do make me glad that this level of gathering only happens a few times a year. So while I still have most of my sanity I want to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and hope you all enjoy your day with the family that makes the world we live in wonderful !!!
That is why young people have kids!

Latest posts

Top Bottom