Campus Carry Bills Need Your Help to Survive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKSCCC

New to the site!
Reaction score
Howdy!

My name is Adrienne O’Reilly and I’m the director in Oklahoma of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. This year in Oklahoma we have four bills filed that wouldl allow concealed carry by licensed individuals on college campuses. Unfortunately, these bills are in danger of dying without ever being heard. We need supporters to contact Senator Don Barrington, the chair of the Senate Public Safety Committee, and ask him to please schedule a hearing for Senate Bill 858, our general campus carry bill, and Senate Bill 896, our faculty carry bill.

As a young female, this issue is important to me because I am forced to work and attend class in an environment where I don’t have the ability to defend myself. Frankly, no matter what I do, I will never be as strong as my male counterparts, and a firearm is the only thing that would even the odds if someone were to attack me. We need to let Senator Barrington know how important this issue is to Oklahoma voters. Please call his office and ask him to schedule Senate Bills 858 and 896 for a hearing.

Here is his contact info:

Capitol office phone: 405-521-5563
Room 515 in the Capitol building
[email protected]

If you have any questions about this issue or what Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is doing in Oklahoma, please feel free to email me at
[email protected].

Thank you for your help!

Adrienne O'Reilly
Oklahoma Director
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
[email protected]

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I traveled to Stillwater last Wednesday evening to attend the OSU Student Government Association's discussion of campus carry. Adrienne O'reilly spoke at the event and we all should take it upon ourselves to hear her story and support the cause. I chimed in during when the SGA president allowed the audience to participate. The discussion was well organized, and surprisingly, there were many more people speaking in favor of campus carry than opposed. The sad part is how uninformed & uneducated the general population is when it comes to law, the constitution, and the concealed carry permitting process. Regardless, it is a cause worth fighting for....we the people need to get involved and fight for our liberties....because there are plenty of liberals fighting to strip us of our freedoms.

OKSCCC

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for showing your support guys. Our faculty carry bill in the House (HB 2087 by Rep. Terrill) was scheduled for a hearing in the Public Safety Committee. We're still waiting to see what the progress of our Senate bills are but I will surely keep y'all updated.

P.S. On Wed., OSU-Stillwater's CASNR (student government association for the agriculture colleges) unanimously voted YES on campus carry. Not a single senator nor audience member opposed campus carry...that's what I like to see!

Feel free to contact me at any time at [email protected] or 713-248-1418 for more information about our bills or Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adrienne

E-mail sent.

I've twice heard you speak at the High Noon Club and you do an excellent job of making the case for campus carry. Keep up the good work!

EDITED TO ADD: Almost forgot! Welcome to OSA.

Woody

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for showing your support guys. Our faculty carry bill in the House (HB 2087 by Rep. Terrill) was scheduled for a hearing in the Public Safety Committee. We're still waiting to see what the progress of our Senate bills are but I will surely keep y'all updated.

P.S. On Wed., OSU-Stillwater's CASNR (student government association for the agriculture colleges) unanimously voted YES on campus carry. Not a single senator nor audience member opposed campus carry...that's what I like to see!

Feel free to contact me at any time at [email protected] or 713-248-1418 for more information about our bills or Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

Is Students for Concealed Carry on Campus a club in stillwater or what. Im a student in stillwater and might like to get involved. hit me up with some info please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom